As Walmart is one of the largest retailers in the world, It is known for offering the most competitive prices on a wide catalogue of products. However, if you want to save more money on your purchases and don’t want to switch to any other store, a price match may come to your rescue. But the question is, does Walmart still offers price matches in 2023? Let’s find out in this article.
Does Walmart still offer price matches? ( In 2023)
Yes, Walmart still offers price matches with leading retailers in the market according to its revised price match policy. But like every other policy, this policy also has a few complex terms and conditions to follow. Let’s find out what those terms and conditions are and how Walmart’s price match works :
Walmart operates online and offline, and the purchases made through both mediums have different treatments. Let’s see how it works in both cases :
1. Purchases Made through Walmart’s Offline (Physical) U.S Stores
Purchases made on Walmart’s physical/offline store can be price matched only with the prices listed on Walmart’s online store if :
- The customer informs the associate of the lesser price listed.
- The item for which the price match is requested is in stock on walmart.com.
- The supervisor is satisfied with the price and availability of the product listed in Walmart’s online store.
- It’s the first item for which the price match is being requested on the day.
- If the prices listed on Walmart.com are not a result of any special event, Bundle offers Instant Rebates, Mail-in Offers, Offers that include financing, Advertisements that require a purchase to receive a gift card, Percentage Off, or Buy One Get One Free Offer.
- The purchase is made in areas except for Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.
2. Purchases Made through Walmart’s Online Store
Yes, Purchases made on Walmart’s online store are eligible for a price match with the qualified online retailers only if the following terms and conditions are met :
- The item should not have a discount applied while checking out on the eligible retailer’s website.
- The item should not have some offer showing some percentage off or USD off on the eligible retailer’s website.
- The item should not show pricing applicable during the auction or require some membership to get that price from the eligible retailer’s store.
- The item listed on the eligible retailer’s online store should not show the price after applying some Bundle Offer/Rebate/Coupon/In-Mail Offer or financing offer.
- The item listed on the eligible retailer’s website should not require some minimum quantity purchase.
- The item should not be listed as clearance/liquidation/special hour/flash/limited quantity or shouldn’t have any other special offers applicable under events on the eligible retailer’s website.
- The item referred to by the customer for price match shouldn’t be listed as Damaged/Used/Refurbished on the eligible retailer’s website.
- Price showing shouldn’t result from a price error on the eligible retailer’s website.
- The product referred to by the customer on the eligible retailer’s website should be identical in size, quantity, model, etc.
- Price Match isn’t applicable on the items already purchased by the customer. They later find out it’s listed on the eligible retailer’s website at a lesser price.
- The item the customer refers to shouldn’t have a price listed on the eligible retailer’s website from a Third Party Seller.
- The price shown on the eligible retailer’s online store should differ from some pickup discounts.
- The price shown on the eligible retailer’s website shouldn’t result from some event related to Black Friday or Cyber Week.
- Price match is applicable only on one item per customer per day.
- The item should be in stock at Walmart’s and the eligible retailer’s online stores at the time of the customer’s price match request.
- Price match doesn’t apply to orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico customers.
These are the terms and conditions to be followed to match the prices for purchases made at Walmart. Now let’s see the eligible retailers for a price match for purchases made online at Walmart.
Which stores are eligible for getting Walmart purchases price matched?
Suppose you have shopped on Walmart’s website and are compliant with the above-mentioned terms & conditions. In that case, you can get prices matched with the price mentioned on the following websites :
Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Chewy.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Walgreens.com.
Now that we know what the eligible retailers for a price match are, let’s take a look at the process of how you can get your products price matched.
How to get products price matched at Walmart?
If you have purchased the product offline and you find out that the product is listed for a lesser price on Walmart’s website. Then you have to inform the associate about the difference in the prices. Then the associate will look it up and tell you whether the product is eligible for a price match.
And if you have purchased the product online, you have to contact customer care and share the screenshot of the lesser prices listed on one of the above-mentioned eligible stores. The customer care executive will verify whether the prices listed on the retailer’s website comply with the terms and conditions. If yes, you’ll be provided with the difference amount in the gift card, and if it doesn’t satisfy the terms and conditions, your claim will be rejected.
Why does Walmart offer price matches?
The retail space is very competitive, with many contenders fighting to acquire each other’s customer base. To stay competitive, every brand tries to use some tactics to retain its user base. One such tactic that major brands like Walmart use is to price match the products. If the customer finds out they can get the same product at lower prices at any other store. Walmart opens up the chance to retain that customer by offering the same price and retaining their loyalty towards them.
FAQs about Walmart’s Price Matches
1. How to contact Walmart’s Customer Care to get the prices matched?
You can contact Walmart’s online customer care or call on 1(800) 966-6546.
2. Will Walmart price match the prices after applying a coupon code?
No, Walmart doesn’t offer price matches if any discount code or coupon code is applied.
3. Does Walmart price match from online to in-store?
No, Walmart doesn’t offer price matches if the purchase is made online and the customer quotes prices from a physical (offline) store.
Yes, you can still save money on your purchases if you’re unsatisfied that the listed prices are unjustified. If the terms and conditions are followed properly, Walmart still offers price matches in 2023.
If you want to save money by getting more such valuable guides, tips & tricks. Then check out our Shopping section and save some bucks on your future purchases.