Walmart, being one of the leading retailers in the industry offers a very vast variety of products at its online and offline stores and they offer very competitive prices too. Not only this, they are known for matching prices with competing e-commerce giants like amazon.
But does Walmart offers price matching with other brands like Target? Let’s find out!
Does Walmart Price Match Target?
Yes, Walmart does price match products from Target but there are some terms and conditions listed by Walmart which need to be followed in order to get the price matched with products from Target.
Let’s take a look at how price matching at Walmart works against products from Target.
As we know, Walmart has offline as well as online stores and according to the price match policy, the purchases made in Offline Stores & Online Stores are treated differently. Let’s see how it works in both conditions :
1. Purchases made at Offline/Physical Stores
As per Walmart’s Price Match Policy, the purchases made at any Walmart physical store cannot be price matched with any other brand like Target. Customers can only avail of price matching with Walmart’s online store and that too if the person supervising the purchase is fully satisfied that the product is eligible for a price match reduction.
2. Purchases made at Online Store (Walmart.com)
Yes, Purchases made on Walmart.com are eligible for a price match with products listed on Target.com if the following terms and conditions are followed:
- The product referred to by the customer on Target’s website should be identical in terms of size, quantity, model, etc.
- Price Match isn’t applicable on the Items that are already purchased by the customer and they find out that it’s listed on Target at a lesser price.
- The item that the customer is referring to shouldn’t have a price listed on Target’s website from a Third Party Seller.
- The item should not have a discount which gets applied on checkout
- The item should not have some offer showing some percentage off or some dollars off.
- The Item should not show pricing which is applicable while it’s in the auction or it requires some sort of membership to get that price.
- The Item listed on Target’s website should not show the price that comes after applying some Bundle Offer/Rebate/Coupon/In-Mail Offers or any offer that includes any sort of financing
- The Item listed on Target’s website should not require some sort of minimum quantity purchase
- The item that should not be listed as clearance/liquidation/special hour/flash/limited quantity or shouldn’t have any other special offers which are applicable under events.
- Items shouldn’t be listed as Damaged/Used/Refurbished.
- Price showing shouldn’t be a result of a price error
- The price shown on Target’s website shouldn’t be the result of some pickup discount
- The price shown on Target’s website shouldn’t be the result of some event related to Black Friday or Cyber Week
- Price match is applicable only on one item per customer per day.
- The item should be in stock at Walmart’s online store and Target’s online stores at the time of the customer’s price match request.
- Price match isn’t applicable to orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico customers.
That’s how Walmart’s price match with target works in both conditions. In case of any further queries, or clarifications you can refer to Walmart’s Price Match Policy.
How can you get your products Price Matched?
For initiating the price match process, you have to contact Walmart’s Customer Care. Then customer care executive will verify the prices on Target’s website and let you know if you’re eligible for a price match or not.
If eligible, you’ll get the price matched and the difference amount will be credited to your preferred mode of payment.
Why does Walmart offer price matching with Target’s products?
Target is one of the leading retailers in offline as well as online retail space. And if there’s not enough competition, Target can easily take away order volume from Walmart.
To stay competitive and make the customers happy and satisfied with the prices, Walmart offers price matches with Target.
Does Target offer price matching with Walmart’s products too?
Yes, Target does offer a price match with Walmart’s products if the terms and conditions mentioned under Target’s Price Match policy are followed.
Yes, Walmart does offer price matches with products on Target if the terms and conditions above mentioned are properly followed and it is proved that target is offer lower prices than prices listed on Walmart.
For making more such well-researched buying decisions for products under different categories, don’t forget to check out our buying guides.