The variety of products that Kohl’s has to offer in fashion lifestyle and categories related to home and kitchen makes it a noticeable part of the retail space of the united states. And to top that up, the prices offered by Kohls for its products are competitive too. And Walmart, one of the leaders in the retail space in every category, finds a major competitor in Kohls. But does it matches up to the prices of Kohl’s to stay competitive? Let’s find out in this article.
Does Walmart offer price matches with Kohl’s?
Under its price match policy, Walmart offers price matches with leading brands like Amazon, Target, BestBuy, and many more, including Kohls. But as Walmart works under both the online and offline segments of the retail space, the coverage offered by its policy gets differentiated for both types of purchases.
Let’s check out how price matches work in both types of purchases:
1. Purchases carried out at Walmart’s Online Store.
For every purchase carried out at Walmart’s online store, it offers a price match with prices listed on Kohl’s online store if the following terms & conditions are met:
- The item should not have a discount applied while checking out on Kohl’s website.
- The item should not have some offer showing some percentage off or some USD off on Kohl’s website.
- The item should not show pricing applicable while in the auction or require some membership to get that price on Kohl’s store.
- The item listed on Kohl’s online store should not show the price after applying some Bundle Offer/Rebate/Coupon/In-Mail Offers or any offer that includes any financing.
- The item listed on Kohl’s website should not require some minimum quantity purchase.
- The item should not be listed as clearance/liquidation/special hour/flash/limited quantity or shouldn’t have any other special offers applicable under events on Kohl’s website.
- The item referred to by the customer for price match shouldn’t be listed as Damaged/Used/Refurbished on Kohl’s website.
- Price showing shouldn’t result from a price error on Kohl’s website.
- The product referred to by the customer on Kohl’s website should be identical in size, quantity, model, etc.
- Price Match isn’t applicable on the items already purchased by the customer, and they later find out that it’s listed on Kohl’s website at a lesser price.
- The item the customer is referring to shouldn’t have a price listed on Kohl’s website from a Third Party Seller.
- The price shown on Kohl’s online store should be different from some pickup discounts.
- The price shown on Kohl’s website shouldn’t result from some event related to Black Friday or Cyber Week.
- Price match is applicable only on one item per customer per day.
- The item should be in stock at Walmart’s and Kohl’s online stores at the time of the customer’s price match request.
- Price match doesn’t apply to orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico customers.
2. Purchases carried out at Walmart’s Offline Stores.
Any in-store purchases made at an offline store in the U.S. is not eligible for a price match with any other brand, including Kohl’s. The purchases are only eligible for a price match with the prices listed on Walmart’s online store, and that too at the description of the store manager if they are fully satisfied that the product is eligible for a price match.
How to get your Walmart products price matched with Kohl’s?
If you have purchased your products online, contact Walmart Customer care to prove that the product is listed at low prices on Kohl’s website.
Once you have reached out to the Customer care executive with the price match request, Customer Care Executive will verify whether the prices listed on Kohl’s website are legitimate and follows all the terms and conditions specified above.
If eligible, you’ll get the difference amount in the form of coupons or in the original mode of payment through which payment is made.
Why does Walmart offer a price match with Kohl’s?
As mentioned, Kohl’s is one of the leading competitors of Walmart when it comes to fashion and lifestyle categories in online and offline retailers. And in today’s competitive retail space, any brand doesn’t want to lose its customer base, so to stay competitive, Walmart matches its prices if it cannot offer lower prices.
Does Kohl’s also price matches products from Walmart?
Yes, Kohl’s offers price matches for products from Walmart if the terms and conditions mentioned on Kohl’s website are correctly followed.
Walmart offers price matches with products listed on Kohl’s if the conditions are correctly followed.
I hope this article has helped you, and if you want to make more well-researched buying decisions, you can check out our shopping guides and choose the best products for yourself.