Home Depot offers everything related to home, whether it’s furniture, power tools, or appliances, Home Depot has it all under one roof, and that too at very competitive prices.
As Walmart operates in mostly all the categories in which Home Depot operates, it makes them a very strong competitor of Walmart. But to beat this competition, does Walmart matches up to the prices offered by Home Depot? Let’s find out in this article.
Does Walmart price match Home Depot?
Yes, Walmart offers a price match for products offered by Home Depot if the terms and conditions specified are properly followed. Let’s see what those terms and conditions you need to follow are.
As you know, we can buy products offline and online from Walmart. The price match policy treats both purchases differently in terms of coverage. Let’s check out how both types of purchases are treated.
1. Purchases made at Walmart’s Online Store
Every purchase made at Walmart’s online store is eligible for a price match with prices listed on Home Depot’s online store (www.homedepot.com), If the following terms & conditions are followed :
- The product referred to by the customer on HomeDepot’s website should be identical in size, quantity, model, etc.
- Price Match isn’t applicable on the items already purchased by the customer, and they later find out that it’s listed on HomeDepot at a lesser price.
- The item the customer is referring to shouldn’t have a price listed on HomeDepot’s website from a Third Party Seller.
- The item should not have a discount applied on checkout on Homedepot’s website.
- The item should not have some offer showing some percentage off or some dollars off on Homedepot’s store.
- The item should not show pricing applicable while it’s in the auction or require some membership to get that price on Homedepot’s website.
- The item listed on Homedepot’s website should not show the price after applying some Bundle Offer/Rebate/Coupon/In-Mail Offers or any offer that includes any financing.
- The item listed on Home Depot’s website should not require some minimum quantity purchase.
- The item should not be listed as clearance/liquidation/special hour/flash/limited quantity or shouldn’t have any other special offers applicable under events on Homedepot’s website.
- The item referred to by the customer for price match shouldn’t be listed as Damaged/Used/Refurbished on Homedepot’s website.
- Price showing shouldn’t result from a price error on Homedepot’s website.
- The price shown on Homedepot’s website shouldn’t result from some pickup discount.
- The price shown on Homedepot’s website shouldn’t be the result of some event related to Black Friday or Cyber Week.
- Price match is applicable only on one item per customer per day.
- The item should be in stock at Walmart’s online store and HomeDepot’s online stores at the time of the customer’s price match request.
- Price match doesn’t apply to orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico customers.
2. Offline Purchases/ In-Store Purchases
Offline purchases made at any Walmart store are not eligible for a price match with Homedepot. According to the policies, products purchased offline can only match the prices with Walmart’s online store if the store manager is fully satisfied that the product is eligible for a price match.
How to get your online purchases made at Walmart price matched with Homedepot?
To get your purchase price matched, you have to contact Walmart customer care within 7 days of your purchase.
The customer care executive will verify if the product is eligible for a price match and if it doesn’t violate any terms and conditions specified in the price match policy.
You’ll get the difference amount through a coupon or in the original payment method used if eligible.
Why does Walmart offer price matches with Home Depot?
Home Depot is one of the leading offline as well as online retailers when it comes to home & related departments. In the current retail space, there’s cutthroat competition amongst all the retailers to stay in the competition and not lose its loyal customers; Walmart promises to at least match the prices of its competitor if it can’t offer lower prices for the same.
Does home depot price match products from Walmart too?
Yes, Home Depot offers price matches with Walmart products, irrespective of whether the products are purchased online or offline.
Does Walmart offer price matches with other stores?
Yes, Walmart offers price matches with products from leading retailers like Target, Amazon, Best Buy, and many more stores that can affect their customer base by offering products at lower prices than them.
Yes, Walmart does offer price matches with the prices of products listed on Homedepot’s online store if the conditions mentioned above are properly followed.
I hope this article has helped you, and if you want to make more well-researched buying decisions, you can check out our shopping guides and choose the best products for yourself.