Bestbuy is one of the highest-grossing retailers in terms of electronics and lifestyle. It offers highly competitive prices, making them stay on the customers’ go-to stores list.
On the other hand, Walmart is the true hyper-local store that offers everything under one roof and tries to maintain a competitive edge against its competitors but does it manage to match the prices of Bestbuy? Let’s find out in this article.
Does Walmart allow Price Matching with BestBuy?
Yes, Walmart allows its customers to price match its goods with prices listed on BestBuy if the terms and conditions mentioned in the Price Match Policy are properly abided by the customers seeking the price match.
Let’s check out how the price-matching process at Walmart works against BestBuy.
As Walmart has offline and online stores. According to Walmart’s Price Match policy, In-Store purchases are treated differently than purchases made at Walmart’s Online Store. Let’s take a look at how the price match with BestBuy works under both scenarios :
1. Offline / In-Store Purchases
According to Walmart’s price match policy, In-Store purchases made at any Walmart store cannot be price match with any other brand’s online/offline prices. Prices of goods purchased from Walmart Offline stores can only be matched with prices listed on Walmart’s online store only if the store manager is fully satisfied that the product is eligible for a price match.
2. Online Purchases at Walmart.com
Purchases made on Walmart’s Online Store are eligible for a price match with products listed on BestBuy’s Online Store if the following terms and conditions are followed:
- The product referred to by the customer on BestBuy’s website should be identical in size, quantity, model, etc.
- Price Match isn’t applicable on the items already purchased by the customer, and they find out that it’s listed on BestBuy at a lesser price.
- The item the customer is referring to shouldn’t have a price listed on BestBuy’s website from a Third Party Seller.
- The item should not have a discount applied on checkout on BestBuy’s website.
- The item shouldn’t have some offer showing some percentage off or some dollars off on BestBuy’s website.
- The item shouldn’t show pricing applicable while it’s in the auction or require some sort of membership to get that price.
- The item listed on Bestbuy’s website should not show the price that comes after applying some Bundle Offer/Rebate/Coupon/In-Mail Offers or any offer that includes any sort of financing.
- The item listed on Bestbuy’s website should not require a minimum quantity purchase.
- The item should not be listed as clearance/liquidation/special hour/flash/limited quantity or shouldn’t have any other special offers applicable under events.
- Items shouldn’t be listed as Damaged/Used/Refurbished on BestBuy’s website.
- Price showing shouldn’t be a result of a price error on BestBuy’s website.
- The price shown on BestBuy’s website shouldn’t be the result of some pickup discount.
- The price shown on BestBuy’s website shouldn’t be the result of some event related to Black Friday or Cyber Week.
- Price match is applicable only on one item per customer per day.
- The item should be in stock at Walmart’s and BestBuy’s online stores at the time of the customer’s price match request.
- Price match doesn’t apply to orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico customers.
That’s how Walmart’s price match works with BestBuy in offline and online purchases.
What’s the process of getting prices matched with BestBuy’s Prices?
To match the prices, you must contact Walmart’s Customer Care. Then the customer care executive will check the prices on BestBuy’s website and let you know if the product is eligible for a price match.
If you are eligible, you’ll get the difference amount in the suitable mode of payment, and if you’re yet to purchase the item, you’ll get a coupon for the difference amount.
Does Walmart offer price matches with other Brands?
Yes, Walmart does prices with products from leading online brands like Amazon, Target, HomeDepot & a lot more.
Why does Walmart offer price matching with BestBuy’s products?
Today’s retail market has cutthroat competition. To survive in today’s space, every retailer has to maintain some edge in terms of prices. So, to keep the customer base loyal, if Walmart can’t sell them at lower prices, they at least match up with the prices offered by the competitors.
Does BestBuy offer price matching with Walmart?
BestBuy matches prices with Walmart’s products if the terms and conditions mentioned under BestBuy’s Price Match policy are followed.
Walmart does offer price matching with products listed on BestBuy’s Online store if the terms and conditions and processes mentioned above are properly followed.
To make more well-researched buying decisions for products under different categories, don’t forget to check out our buying guides.