Are you looking for ways to save money while shopping? If yes, then you are not alone. Many people are always on the lookout for the best deals, especially when it comes to purchasing essential items. Walmart and Target are two retail giants that offer affordable prices on a wide range of products. However, how can you ensure you get the best price while shopping at Target? The solution is to take advantage of their price-matching policies.
In this article, we will discuss the price-matching policies of Walmart and Target and specifically answer the question, “Does Target price match Walmart?”
Does Target Price Match Walmart?
Yes, Target does price-match Walmart. Walmart is one of Target’s qualifying competitors, so Target will match Walmart’s prices for identical products as long as they are in stock. The price for the item must be valid at the time of the price match, and the items must be identical in brand, size, weight, model number, and colour.
But, as Target and Walmart both operate in offline and online retail markets, the coverage of price match policy differs in the case of purchases made through both mediums. Let’s find out how it works in each shopping medium.
Does Target match the prices of Walmart in case of In-Store/ Offline purchases?
Yes, Target matches the prices of products listed in Walmart’s Online and Offline stores in the case of in-store/offline purchases if you show proof of lower prices (Printed/Digital Ad/Live website) within 14 days of your purchase to the in-store executive at Target store from where you made the purchase.
Does Target match the prices of Walmart in case of Online purchases?
Target offers price matches with prices listed on Walmart’s Online Store in case of online purchases if you contact Target’s customer care within 14 days of purchase and share the digital ad/ live URL of the product listed on Walmart.
How to Request a Price Match at Target?
If you find an identical product sold at a lower price at Walmart, you can request a price match at Target. You can request a price match at the time of purchase or within 14 days after your purchase. Suppose you have purchased through Target’s offline store. In that case, you must visit the store and show the in-store executive proof of lower prices (Printed/Digital Ad or Live Website). If the prices listed on Walmart follow all the requirements, you’ll get the difference amount in Discount Coupons/ Gift Card.
And if you have made the purchase through Target’s Online Store, you have to contact customer care through Chat or call them at 1-800-591-3869 and share proof of lower prices either at the time of purchase or within 14 days of purchase. If the price complies with other requirements, you’ll get the difference amount in the form of gift cards or Discount Coupons.
What are the requirements to get your Target purchase price matched with Walmart?
The following requirements should be met to get your target purchase price matched with Walmart :
- It should be an eligible Target product bought from Target’s online or offline store on the same day or within the past 14 days of the price match request.
- The item listed on Walmart should be identical in brand name, size, weight, colour, quantity, and model number.
- The item listed on Walmart should be lower when the price match request is made at Target.com or your local Target store.
- The item listed on Walmart for which the price match is requested shouldn’t be sold via 3rd party seller.
- Items sold by Target Plus aren’t eligible for a price match with Walmart.
- If you have received a Target Gift card with your purchase, your purchase won’t be eligible for a price match with Walmart.
- You won’t be eligible for a price match with Walmart if you have used any Target Circle offer or coupon on your purchase.
Which products are ineligible for a Price Match with the prices listed on Walmart?
The following type of products won’t be eligible for a price match with prices listed on Walmart:
- If you have purchased products from Target that are listed in clearance Sales, closeout sales, liquidation sales, open package sales, refurbished items, pre-owned items, rent/lease to own items, items that have storewide or category promotions, items that have offers advertised as % or $ off, non-branded items, or items that show special prices only after guests log-in to the website or products purchased got damaged or are used.
- If you have purchased products that had pricing as a result of typographical errors, competitor lightning sales, coupon offers, loyalty cards, promotional codes, credit card offers, gift card offers (Target GiftCard, speciality, and pre-paid gift card), financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
- If you have purchased contract mobile devices sold at Target
- If you have purchased any item sold by Target Plus partner on Target’s store or application.
- If you have purchased Items containing alcohol, the price match will be subject to state regulations.
Does Walmart also Price Match Target?
Yes, Walmart offers price matches with Target if the prices listed on Target comply with the terms and conditions followed by Walmart’s Price Match Policy.
Does Target Price Match Other Stores?
Yes, In addition to Walmart, Target also price matches other stores, including Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, CVS, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Office Depot, Office Max, Petco, Staples, Walgreens, and more.
In conclusion, Target does the price match Walmart and a long list of other qualifying competitors. The price match policy is generous and worth taking advantage of if you are looking for the best deals and the most competitive prices.
And remember to check the exclusions and conditions that apply to Target’s price match policy before purchasing. Feel free to ask for a price match if you find a lower price elsewhere.