Recently I have been looking to buy some PC games. As I am a frequent shopper of both Target and Gamestop, just before purchasing the games at Target’s store, I thought of checking Gamestop’s website. I found out one of the games was available for $15 less.
I wondered if I could get the same prices of the game on Target itself without going to Gamestop, and on enquiring with Target’s Staff, I found out Target price matches its offline as well as online purchases with prices listed on Gamestop; if certain conditions and exclusions are properly taken care of. Let’s see how Target’s price match with Gamestop works and what the exclusions are.
Eligibility Criteria for Target’s Price Match with Gamestop
Target’s price match policy applies to identical items in stock on Target and Gamestop and is not part of any discount deals. These items can include video games, consoles, and other gaming accessories. However, certain conditions must be met to be eligible for a price match.
The item with the lower price must be found within 14 days of purchase and not be from any third-party seller on Gamestop’s Store or Website. Additionally, the item must be identical to your purchased item and have the same brand name, weight, colour, quantity, and model number. Only an item that meets these criteria will be eligible for a price match. However, a few additional requirements exist to get your target purchase price matched with GameStop.
Additional requirements to get your Target purchase price matched with Gamestop
The following additional requirements should be met to get your target purchase price matched with Gamestop :
- It should be an eligible Target product bought from Target’s online or offline store on the same day or within the past 14 days of the price match request.
- The product for which the price match is requested should In-Stock in both Target and Gamestop’s stores at the time of the price match request.
- The price of the item listed on Gamestop should be lower when the price match request is made at Target.com or your local Target store.
- Items sold by Target Plus aren’t eligible for a price match with Gamestop.
- If you have received a Target Gift card with your purchase, your purchase won’t be eligible for a price match with Gamestop.
- You won’t be eligible for a price match with Gamestop if you have used any Target Circle offer or coupon on your purchase.
Items excluded from Price Match with Gamestop
The following type of products won’t be eligible for a price match with prices listed on Gamestop:
- If you have purchased products from Target that are listed in clearance Sales, closeout sales, liquidation sales, open package sales, refurbished items, pre-owned items, rent/lease to own items, items that have storewide or category promotions, items that have offers advertised as % or $ off, non-branded items, or items that show special prices only after guests log-in to the website or products purchased got damaged or are used.
- If you have purchased products that had pricing as a result of typographical errors, competitor lightning sales, coupon offers, loyalty cards, promotional codes, credit card offers, gift card offers (Target GiftCard, speciality, and pre-paid gift card), financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers
- If you have purchased any item sold by Target Plus partner on Target’s store or application.
How to Price Match Your Target Purchase with Gamestop
If you have purchased stuff from Target’s offline retail stores, then to request a price match, you must present proof of lower price ( Gamestop’s Printed Ad/Digital Ad/Live website) at the time of purchase or within 14 days of purchase. If your purchase fulfils the requirements listed above and doesn’t fall into the list of exclusions, then you’ll get a refund for the difference in the form of gift cards or coupons.
And if you have purchased from Target’s online store, you have to contact Target’s online customer care or Call them at 1-800-591-3869 at the time of purchase or within 14 days of purchase. Then customer care executive will verify if your purchase fulfils all the requirements, and then you’ll get a refund for the difference amount in the form of an eGift Card or Coupons.
Does Gamestop also Price Match Target
Yes, According to Gamestop’s policies, Target is on the list of eligible retailers. It does price match purchases made on Target. Still, it has to follow some additional terms and conditions to match the prices.
Does Target Price Match Other Stores
FAQs about Target’s Price Match with Gamestop
1. Does Target price match digital games listed on Gamestop?
No, Target doesn’t allow price matching for digital games are not eligible for price matching.
2. Can I get a game console price matched with the prices listed at Gamestop?
Yes, as long as the purchase follows the terms and conditions properly.
3. Can I get my purchase price matched with the prices of identical Refurbished items listed on Gamestop?
No, price matching is not eligible for the products listed as refurbished on Gamestop.
4. Can I price match a Gamestop item if it’s a limited edition or exclusive version?
Yes, as long as the items listed on Gamestop follow the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions of Target’s price match.
5. Can I receive a price match if the same item is out of stock at Gamestop?
No, you cannot get your purchase price matched if the product is out of stock at Gamestop at the time of your request for a price match.
In conclusion, Target will price match Gamestop if the item is in stock and is identical to what Target sells, as the store is in Target’s list of competitors. To save money, simply bring the item to Guest Services at your local Target store along with proof of the lower price via a print-out of a weekly advert or the web page of the lower price on the store website or by showing the web page on your mobile device.