As a frequent shopper, I always look for the best deals and discounts. One question often arises when shopping for electronics is whether Target’s price matches Best Buy. After some research and personal experience, I can say that Target price matches Best Buy and several other competitors.
In this article, I will provide a detailed overview of Target’s price matching policy, share my experience with price matching, and highlight some exceptions to the policy you should be aware of.
Does Target Price Match Best Buy?
Yes, I can certainly vouch from my personal experience that Target does the price match Best Buy as I recently purchased a new Dell laptop from Target.com, and after the purchase, on the 10th day, I found the same laptop being sold at Best Buy for $50 less. I reached out to customer care and shared Best Buy’s live link to that laptop. The customer care executive verified that the item was identical to the one sold at Target and was in stock at Best Buy. After confirming the lower price, I received a refund of $50.
Moreover, I found out that if I had purchased the laptop offline from Target’s offline store as well, I would have gotten the refund in that case, too, if I had shared Best Buy’s printed or digital ads or live website showing lower prices at the time of purchase or within 14 days of purchase.
What are the additional requirements to match your Target purchase price with Best Buy?
The following requirements should be met to get your target purchase price matched with Best Buy :
- It should be an eligible Target product bought from Target’s online or offline store on the same day or within the past 14 days of the price match request.
- The item listed on Best Buy should be identical in brand name, size, weight, color, quantity, and model number.
- The item listed on Best Buy should be lower when the price match request is made at Target.com or your local Target store.
- The item listed on Best Buy for which the price match is requested shouldn’t be sold via 3rd party seller.
- Items sold by Target Plus aren’t eligible for a price match with Best Buy.
- If you have received a Target Gift card with your purchase, your purchase won’t be eligible for a price match with Best Buy.
- You won’t be eligible for a price match with Best Buy if you have used any Target Circle offer or coupon on your purchase.
What are the exclusions for Price Match with Best Buy?
The following type of products won’t be eligible for a price match with prices listed on Best Buy:
- If you have purchased products from Target that are listed in clearance Sales, closeout sales, liquidation sales, open package sales, refurbished items, pre-owned items, rent/lease to own items, items that have storewide or category promotions, items that have offers advertised as % or $ off, non-branded items, or items that show special prices only after guests log-in to the website or products purchased got damaged or are used.
- If you have purchased products that had pricing as a result of typographical errors, competitor lightning sales, coupon offers, loyalty cards, promotional codes, credit card offers, gift card offers (Target GiftCard, specialty, and pre-paid gift card), financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers
- If you have purchased contract mobile devices sold at Target
- If you have purchased any item sold by Target Plus partner on Target’s store or application.
- If you have purchased Items containing alcohol, the price match will be subject to state regulations.
How to Request a Price Match for your purchase with Best Buy?
If you have purchased stuff from Target’s offline retail stores, then to request a price match, you must present proof of lower price ( Best Buy’s Printed Ad/Digital Ad/Live website) at the time of purchase or within 14 days of purchase. If your purchase fulfills the requirements listed above and doesn’t fall into the list of exclusions, then you’ll get a refund for the difference in the form of gift cards or coupons.
And if you have purchased from Target’s online store, you have to contact Target’s online customer care or Call them at 1-800-591-3869. Then customer care executive will verify if your purchase fulfills all the requirements, then you’ll get a refund for the difference amount in the form of an eGift Card or Coupons.
Does Best Buy also Price Match Target?
Yes, Best Buy offers price matches with Target if there’s a Target store within a radius of 25 miles of the best buy store from which you made the purchase, and it further follows terms and conditions listed in Best Buy’s price match policy.
Does Target Price Match Other Stores?
Yes, In addition to Best Buy, Target also price matches other stores, including Amazon, Walmart, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Office Depot, Office Max, Petco, Staples, Walgreens, and more.
FAQs about Target’s Price Match with Best Buy
1. Can I receive a price match if the same item is out of stock at Best Buy?
No, you cannot get your purchase price matched if the product is out of stock at best buy at the time of your request for a price match.
2. Can I combine price matching with Target Circle offers, gift cards, or coupons?
No, you cannot combine price matching with Target Circle offers, gift card offers, registry completion coupons, and Target coupons.
3.Can I use the manufacturer’s coupons with price matching?
You may be able to use the manufacturer’s coupons while requesting price matches for offline purchases, subject to restrictions at your local Target.
4. Does Target match prices on refurbished or open-box items?
No, Target does not match prices on refurbished or open-box items.
5. Can I price match at Target without proof of a lower price?
You can only price match your target price with Best Buy if you show Best Buy’s Printed Ad/ Digital Ad/ Live Website that has lower prices listed for the same item.
In conclusion, Target’s price match policy is a valuable tool for shoppers looking to save money on electronics purchases. Understanding the policy and its exceptions allows you to take advantage of lower prices at Best Buy and other competitors. Whether you’re shopping in-store or online, keep the policy in mind and have proof of the lower price ready to show at checkout.