When shopping online, consumers want to ensure they are getting the best deal possible. Amazon is known for its competitive prices, but what if you prefer to shop at Target? Does Target offer price matching to compete with Amazon’s prices? In this article, we will explore the answer to this question and provide you with everything you need to know about Target’s price-matching policy.
Does Target Price Match Amazon?
Yes, According to Target’s Price Adjustment policy, your purchase will get price matched with the prices listed on Amazon if it’s a valid price according to the terms and conditions listed in the policy.
Does Target Price Match Amazon on its In-store Purchases?
Yes, Target offers price matches with prices listed on Amazon for the purchases made through its offline/retail stores if the price match request is made within 14 days of purchase and the live website showcasing lower prices is submitted to the in-store executive along with the invoice.
Does Target Price Match Amazon on Online Purchases?
Target price matches Amazon for its online purchases if the prices listed on Amazon don’t violate any terms and conditions listed in the price match policy and the request gets registered with Target’s customer care within 14 days of purchase.
What are the requirements to get your Target purchase price matched with Amazon?
The following requirements should be met to get your target purchase price matched :
- It should be an eligible Target product bought from Target’s online or offline store on the same day or within the past 14 days of the price match request.
- The item listed on Amazon should be identical in brand name, size, weight, color, quantity, and model number.
- The price of the item listed on Amazon should be lower when the price match request is made at Target.com or your local Target store.
- The item listed on Amazon for which the price match is requested shouldn’t be sold via 3rd party seller.
- Items sold by Target Plus aren’t eligible for a price match with Amazon.
- If you have received a Target Gift card with your purchase, then your purchase won’t be eligible for a price match with Amazon.
- You won’t be eligible for a price match with Amazon if you have used any Target Circle offer or any other coupon on your purchase.
Which products are ineligible for a Price Match with prices listed on Amazon?
The following type of products won’t be eligible for a price match with prices listed on Amazon.
- If you have purchased products listed in clearance Sales, closeout sales, liquidation sales, open package sales, refurbished items, pre-owned items, rent/lease to own items, items that have storewide or category promotions, items that have offers advertised as % or $ off, non-branded items, or items that show particular prices only after guests log-in to the website or products purchased got damaged or are used.
- if you have purchased products that had pricing as a result of typographical errors, competitor lightning sales, coupon offers, loyalty cards, promotional codes, credit card offers, gift card offers (Target GiftCard, specialty, and pre-paid gift card), financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
- If you have purchased contract mobile devices sold at Target
- If you have purchased any item sold by Target Plus partner on Target’s store or application.
- If you have purchased Items containing alcohol, the price match will be subject to state regulations.
How to get your Target Purchase price matched with Amazon?
Suppose you have made a purchase from Target’s Offline Retail Stores, then you can get the prices of your purchase matched with those listed on Amazon within 14 days by visiting the store with proof of lower prices ( live Amazon website showing lower prices) & a copy of the invoice. Then the executive will verify if the prices listed on Amazon satisfy the above-listed requirements, if yes then you’ll get the price difference in the form of a coupon/gift card.
And if you have made the purchase online, then you have to contact either chat/email support or call 1-800-591-3869 within 14 days of purchase and share a link to lower prices on Amazon when requested. If the customer care executive is satisfied that the prices listed are valid according to the above-listed terms and conditions, then you’ll get a gift card/discount coupon for the difference amount.
Does Amazon also Price Match Target?
No, Amazon doesn’t offer price matches with any of its competitors including Target. Amazon used to offer it earlier but due to misuse of its policies, it stopped offering price matches with any of its competitors
Frequently Asked Questions about Target’s Price Matching with Amazon
1. Can I Use Coupons and Cartwheel Discounts with Price Matching?
No, You cannot use Coupons or Cartwheel discounts on purchases in which you have already used price match.
2. Can I price match at Target without proof of a lower price?
No, You cannot price match your target price with Amazon without showing the live website of Amazon that has lower prices listed for the same item.
3. Can I still return an item if I used price matching?
Unfortunately, you cannot return the item on which you have already availed the price-matching discounts.
4. Does Target match prices on refurbished or open-box items?
No, Target does not match prices on refurbished or open-box items.
In conclusion, Target does offer price matches with Amazon if certain terms and conditions are followed properly and I would highly recommend you should compare the prices of your Target purchases with other retailers like Amazon. You can certainly save some bucks over the prices you have got without the hassles of returning the products and re-ordering them from Retailers like Amazon.