If you want to buy electronics and gadgets, then you must have been familiar with Best Buy and Target. Both retailers offer various products, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service. But when it comes to price matching, you might wonder if Best Buy and Target have similar policies. In this article, we’ll answer the question “Does Best Buy Price Match Target?” and provide you with everything you need to know about price matching at Best Buy and Target.
Does Best Buy price match Target?
Yes, Best Buy does the price match Target like every other major retailer out there. But there’s a major catch. Let’s check out what that catch is and how it works.
As Best Buy operates through In-Store & Online mediums, the price match works differently in both cases. Let’s check out how it works in both mediums.
1. Purchases made In-Store (Offline Purchases)
Suppose you have purchased through your nearby best buy store. In that case, you can get your products’ price matched with prices in your nearby Target store and their website if there’s a Target store in a 25-mile radius of your nearby best buy store. Otherwise, you won’t be eligible for a price match.
2. Online Purchase ( Purchases made at Bestbuy.com)
If you have made a purchase online, you won’t be eligible for a price match as Best Buy matches only retailers like Amazon, Dell, HP, etc.
How to get your Best Buy purchase Price Matched with Target?
To get your Best Buy In-Store purchase price matched with Target, you need to visit the best buy store within 15 days of purchase with the proof of lower prices (live prices listed on Target’s website), and you have to show the live website with lower prices to the in-store executive. And if the prices are found in compliance with the terms and conditions, you’ll get the difference amount in discount coupons/ gift cards.
What are the requirements to match your Best Buy purchase price with Target?
For your Best Buy purchases to be eligible for a price match with prices listed on Target, the following requirements should be duly met :
- The product listed on Target or its website must be identical to the one sold by Best Buy, including the model number, brand, and color.
- The product listed on Target must be in stock and available for purchase at the competing retailer.
- The price match must be requested at the time of purchase or within 15 days after purchase at Best Buy.
- The lower price on the product listed on Target must be advertised, printed, or shown on a mobile device.
- The product listed on Target must not be part of a bundle or promotional offer.
- The product listed on Target should not result from financing, bundling, freebies, or trade-in offers.
What are the exclusions for Best Buy’s price matching with Target?
While Best Buy offers price matches on most of its products, the following won’t be eligible for a price match :
- Contract mobile phones and devices sold at Best Buy.
- Prepaid phones and devices sold at Best Buy
- Items sold by Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com
- Clearance, refurbished, open-box, and pre-owned products sold at Best Buy
- Price errors and misprints in Target’s Ad or Website
- Products sold by unauthorized resellers at Target’s Store or Website.
Does Target also price match Best Buy?
According to Target’s price match policy, It offers price matches with prices listed in Best Buy’s store ads and online store if the terms and conditions listed in the policy are duly followed.
FAQs about Best Buy’s Price Matches with Target
1. Does Best Buy match all Target prices?
Best Buy matches the prices of eligible Target products, provided that the products are identical and in stock at both Best Buy and Target’s stores. It doesn’t match the prices if prices listed on Target are a result of any discount, rebate or offer
2. Can you use Best Buy coupons while getting your purchase price matched with Target?
Best Buy does not allow customers to use coupons or other discounts when price matching.
3. How many Items in a Best Buy Purchase can I get the price Matched with Target?
Only one item per purchase per customer is eligible for a price match at Best Buy with the prices listed on Target.
In conclusion, Best Buy’s price matching policy does not include Target as a listed retailer, but as per its policy, every local store within a radius of 25 miles is eligible for the price match, so if the prices listed at Target are in compliance with the terms and conditions, you can get the prices matched with prices listed on Target and save some bucks on your Best Buy purchases.
And if you’re looking for more such guides to save some bucks on your future purchases, you can check out our shopping section.