Finding a product you love can be frustrating as a shopper, only to realize that it is cheaper at another store. This is where price matching comes in handy. Price matching is a practice where a retailer agrees to match the lower price of a product another store offers.
Two popular retailers that offer electronic products are Best Buy and Costco. If you are looking to purchase a product at either of these stores, you may wonder if Best Buy price matches Costco. In this article, we will explore this question and provide you with everything you need about price matching at both stores.
Does Best Buy Price Match Costco?
Subject to various terms and conditions listed in the price match policy, Best Buy does offer price matches with Costco. But as Best Buy and Costco both operate through online and offline retail mediums, the coverage of Best Buy’s price match policy differs in terms of coverage. Let’s check out how it works in the case of both mediums.
1. Purchases Made at Best Buy’s Online Store (Bestbuy.com)
If you have purchased something online from BestBuy.com, then unfortunately, you won’t be eligible for price matches with prices listed on Costco’s Online Store as well as the Offline Store because it only covers major online retailers like Amazon, Crutchfield, Dell, etc. which primarily focus on retail in appliances & electronics category.
2. In-Store Purchases/ Purchases Made at Best Buy’s Offline Store
If you have purchased something from Best Buy and within 15 days, you find out that the prices listed on Costco’s Offline/Online Store are less and you have a Costco store within a 25-mile radius of your nearest Best Buy Store, and the prices listed in Costco for the same product doesn’t require you to be a Costco member to avail the price. Then you can easily get your purchase price matched if you show Best Buy’s in-store executive the proof of lower prices listed (Offline Ads/Prices on the Website) and proof of your purchase.
What are the additional requirements to get your Best Buy purchase Price Matched with Costco?
To get your Best Buy purchase price matched with prices listed in Costco’s Store or Online Store, you need to fulfill the following requirements :
- The product listed on Costco’s store or its website must be identical to the one sold by Best Buy, including the model number, brand, and color.
- The product listed on Costco must be in stock and available for purchase.
- The price match must be requested at the time of purchase or within 15 days after purchase at Best Buy.
- The lower price on the product listed on Costco must be advertised, printed, or shown on a mobile device.
- The product listed on Costco must not be part of a bundle or promotional offer.
- The product’s price listed on Costco should not result from financing, bundling, freebies, or trade-in offers.
Which products are excluded from Best Buy’s price matching with Costco?
The following type of products won’t be eligible for a price match with Costco :
- Contract mobile phones and devices sold at Best Buy.
- Prepaid phones and devices sold at Best Buy
- Clearance, refurbished, open-box, and pre-owned products sold at Best Buy
- Products that have price errors and misprints in Costco’s Ad or Website
- Products sold by unauthorized resellers at Costco’s Store or Website.
How to get your Best Buy purchase Price Matched with Costco?
Now that you know the terms and conditions to be followed and what the exclusions are from Best Buy’s price match policy. Let us know how to get your best buy purchase price matched with Costco.
To get your purchase price matched, visit your nearest Best Buy store with proof of purchase and proof of lower prices listed on Costco ( Offline Ads /Live Website showing lower prices) within 15 days of your purchase and present them to In-Store Executive. Then they will verify if the prices comply with the terms and conditions listed in the price match policy. If yes, you’ll get the difference amount as a discount coupon/gift card.
Frequently Asked Questions about Best Buy’s Price Match with Costco
1. Can you get the difference money in the form of Cash or Bank Transfer?
No, Best Buy doesn’t allow giving the difference amount in cash/bank transfer in any circumstances.
2. Does Costco also price matches Best Buy’s Purchases?
No, As per the policies of Costco, They don’t offer price matches with any of the brands, including Best Buy, as they offer better prices in their membership than most of the retailers offer.
3. Does Best Buy match all the Costco prices?
Though Best Buy tries to match the lowest of Costco’s prices, it won’t match the prices if any membership discount or coupon/ rebate is applied, resulting in the price listed on Costco.
4. How many Items in a Purchase can you get price Matched with Costco?
In every purchase, only one item per customer per day is allowed to get matched with the prices listed on Costco.
5. Can coupons be used while getting your purchase price matched with Costco?
No, any coupon cannot be applied to reduce further the prices offered after getting the prices matched with Costco.
As per Best Buy’s price match policy, Costco is not included in the list of eligible retailers, but as Costco has local stores, You can get your purchase price matched with Costco because Best Buy matches prices listed at any store (and its website) within the 25-mile radius of it’s store.
So if you make any purchase, do check its prices on Costco and claim the difference if the prices listed are lower on Costco. And do remember that prices listed on Costco shouldn’t result from any of its membership benefits.